Get your Maranacook Hockey Apparel! Order from a wide ranging selection of youth and adult options, including a newly designed "Hockey Mom" sweatshirt! Sample sizes and order forms will be available at upcoming practices, or you can print the form below.
Please turn in completed order forms to Angela Palmer or Henry Clauson. For holiday / Christmas delivery, orders and payment must be in by Tuesday, November 24th. However, you can order anytime for post holiday delivery. Make checks out to "D.R. Designs".
You can still register for our FREE Learn to Play (any age) program and Mites (8U) program!
Come join us and try hockey!
Rental equipment is available!
Click HERE for details!
Hockey Season has finally arrived! We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the rink soon! Below are a few important dates and reminders:
IMPORTANT DATES - Mark your calendars:
1. Practices begin Tuesday, October 20th for the Mites, Squirts, PeeWees and the T5 programs.
* Tuesday and Thursday 6:10-7:10 pm for Mites
* Tuesday and Thursday 6:10-7:10 pm AND/OR 7:20-8:20 pm for Squirt and PeeWees.
* Click here for a printable detailed schedule for the season.
2. Practices start Saturday, November 7st for Atoms / Learn to Play. All practices are on Saturdays 8am-9am. Rental gear will be available on a first come basis.
3. Practices start Tuesday, November 3rd for the Girls / Lynx. Future practice and game schedule will be distributed soon.
4. Parents Meeting will be held on Thursday, November 5th @ 6:15pm at the Kents Hill Gym. This is for all levels and a parent/guardian is encouraged to attend to receive important information about the season + Q&A.
5. Photo Day will be Tuesday, November 10th starting at 5:30pm. This is for all levels/players. More details to follow.
1. If we don't already have your completed registration papers and USA Hockey number - please bring them with you to your first practice. All forms and instructions are available via our website (www.maranacookyouthhockey.com/registration).
2. Be ready to go! Please be fully dressed in your hockey gear and ready to skate before your scheduled ice time. New skaters should allow 30 minutes dressing time for the first few weeks. If you cannot make the first practices due to other sporting conflicts, we ask that you please let us and/or your coach know for planning purposes.
3. Games: Mites, Squirts, and PeeWees will be scheduled and announced by your coaches. Games are on weekends (usually Saturday mornings) beginning around November 7th.
4. Jerseys and Socks: All our game and practice jerseys are Association property. Squirts and Peewees will be receiving new game jerseys this year! Those players will be fitted for their jersey at the first few practices. Mites and Atoms / LTP will be issued a jersey in early November. Practice jerseys will be distributed at the first few practices. Please do not wear your game jerseys to practices. The Association has also purchased a large quantity of the correct hockey socks to wear on the ice (Bruins home colors). You can either purchase these on your own from several local shops, or from us @ $8/pair. These socks are yours to keep and all players are required to have them for games.
5. Website: Our website is a very useful tool in getting quick up to date information. We post all important announcements on our website. It also provides information on our sponsors, directions to all the rinks, game stats, team rosters, updated team calendars, team photos, and several useful links and much, much more! Our website is:www.maranacookyouthhockey.com.
6. Email: Our preferred method of communication is e-mail. You can manage, add and subtract your own hockey e-mail via our website.
7. Inclement Weather Policy: Hockey is rarely cancelled due to inclement weather, however should it become necessary to cancel an event, we will communicate such via e-mail and our website. We cancel when then Kent’s Hill rink closes. Away games are at the discretion of the home team. Please take a common sense approach to inclement weather travel – if you don’t feel comfortable, please don’t travel and let you coach know.
8. Fundraising: Our Association is excited to be offering some great community focused fundraising opportunities this season! Information on our fundraising activities are coordinated via the Fundraising/Events Committee Chair Carrie Knight. Everyone is encourage to participate in as many events as possible. All dollars earned help make our programs better this season and beyond. Look for more details in your e-mail soon!
Questions / Comments? Contact Henry Clauson, President or John Bourque, Vice-President.
Hello Black Bears! With school just starting, must mean hockey season isn’t far behind! The upcoming season will be our best ever! A lot is happening in our Maranacook Area Youth Hockey community! See you all soon!
Below are some registration details and new program highlights:
1) Registration is still open! You can register by going to our website, completing the forms and mailing them in ASAP.
Our season will start Tuesday, October 20. Learn to Play will start November 7.
2) Welcome new coaches! We are excited to welcome Chip Jones as a Mite program coach! Chip is currently the High School Varsity Hockey (MWH Hawks) coach and we’re excited for our younger players to have access to his experience. Also new and helping Chip on the ice will be Seth Lyons and Chris Stanley, both seasoned parents and hockey lovers! Matt Cain joins our Squirt coaching team as an Assistant Coach. Matt is an experienced and active hockey player, who after a few teaser sessions last season, has decided to join us! And of course, we are very lucky to have our other coaches continuing to work with our kids: Brian Keezer, John Bourque, Lance Boucher, Tim Martin, Jon White, Jason Foster and Shannon Morgan. We also wish to thank Ray and Angela Braithwood for their several years of dedicated service and wish them well in their decision to not return to MAYHA this season.
3) New professional skills sessions!
4) New Programs! In addition to our FREE Learn to Play Program for the youngest players, and our Tier IV State of Maine Hockey participation, MAYHA will also offer the following new programs this season:
Questions / Comments? Call Henry Clauson, President or John Bourque, Vice-President.